Often in life when we are in a situation in life we are there because of false beliefs that we hold. We may have either created those beliefs on our own or we may have learned them from someone else. Regardless of how we got these false beliefs we have them and they are limiting the life that we could be living.
How do we get rid of these limiting beliefs?
First we must discover what those false beliefs are that we have. If we don’t recognize them as false we will walk around believing them to be true and nothing will change.
How do we discover our false beliefs? If we don’t know they are false how can we recognize them as false?
That’s a great question, I’m glad you asked!
There are several ways that we can uncover the false beliefs. We can use one or all, though of course we would do more for ourselves if we use each one.
1. Spend some time evaluating the areas of our lives where we feel stressed, trapped, stuck, or any other negative or frustrated emotion. We are there because of one or more beliefs that we are holding onto. If you don’t believe that then you have your work cut out for in finding your false beliefs! You may want to try the next suggestions.
2. Ask a friend for their insights, often the people in our lives can see things that we cannot see. They are more objective and that can have a real advantage if we are willing to listen to them! If you aren’t sure about the validity of what they are saying ask another friend or two for their thoughts. Just be sure that you are asking friends who will tell you the truth and not friends who will only tell you what they think you want to hear. That won’t help you to make the changes that you need to make.
3. Get a book on the topic. Reading books will give you ideas that you wouldn’t have thought of on your own. If you feel stuck in a relationship, grab a good relationship book. If you feel stuck in your business, grab a well respected business book. Wherever you feel stuck, find a book on the topic! I can’t tell you how many times I have found answers that I didn’t know that I was looking for when reading a book on a needed topic! I don’t even have to ask the author to point out my false beliefs, they do that for me anyway!
Once you have uncovered your false beliefs you now get to work!
- Focus: Spend at least ten minutes twice a day thinking intently (or meditating) on the true beliefs that you need to start believing. Keep this up for at least a week, though more time may be needed!
- Afform or Affirm: Turn those beliefs into afformations or affirmations that you can repeat to yourself throughout the day each day.
- Live it out: Start living as if you believe the new beliefs even if you don’t yet believe them!
Are you aware of any limiting beliefs that you are holding onto? If so, what is your plan of action to remove them from your life?
To Your Success,