I had the opportunity not too long ago to watch a webinar by Ray Higdon. If you haven’t heard of Ray you need to acquaint yourself with him! His blog is full of free information that he could easily charge a lot of money for, you will see what I mean when you read this post which is from my notes on that particular webinar.
Ray shared how he had failed at multiple entrepreneurial endeavors before becoming the success that he is today. His lowest point was not very long ago when his mom was at his house and she answered the door to be served with his foreclosure papers.
Today he is living his dream life, traveling the world teaching others how to be successful entrepreneurs too.
Unique Marketing Ideas for Entrepreneurs
- You need to be on the phone to kill it if you are in network marketing, most people who go into internet marketing want to avoid their warm market. Instead of directly trying to sell your warm market tell them that if they hear of anyone talk about your company come back and talk to you. Gain their curiosity, when they ask, say you’re too busy and get them the information later – further peak their curiosity!
- Collect business cards: Become a card collector, a business card collector! Go to events and collect as many business cards as possible, but don’t talk about your business with anyone. Call everyone on those cards because people who go to the trouble of handing out cards want more money. Also take cards from card racks at stores, libraries, etc. because people who put their cards up are people of action (placing the cards) who want to earn more money. They may seem unapproachable because they’re already doing something, but they are more likely to be open to something new!
- When you call those people don’t just try to sell them right away, you know that doesn’t work. You have got to build relationships, just like you wouldn’t go to someone online and start pitching to them. That would be spam!
- Don’t worry about what works, worry about what duplicates. That’s where the real money is.
- Get a Google voice number and get a voice message as a funnel, put out post it notes in high traffic areas to call about ways to earn an additional income.
- Host a webinar with free information, then lead to a paid webinar or product at the end of the free webinar.
- Go toward your fears until they no longer scare you!
- Ask for referrals, online and offline. “Do you know anyone struggling in this economy?” Keep going back to someone who gives you referrals: “So and so that you referred me to is very excited about this, do you know anyone else who could benefit from this?”
- Local Google alerts: look for businesses closing, find a way to find people who have lost jobs, won an award, etc. (Facebook, for instance.) Get creative, build relationships!
- The biggest mistake in network marketing is to talk too much. Get a lead, make a relationship, connect. ASK questions. Listen.
- Whatever your #1 fear is, that’s what you’re going to keep seeing. If you’re afraid they’re going to say pyramid, that’s what they’ll say. Get over it!
- Don’t share with your warm market until you don’t care if they sign up or not. When you don’t care you won’t scare them away, pressure them, come off as needy, etc.
See what I mean? This is great stuff! Be sure to visit his blog, you will find all kinds of great nuggets like these.
Stay tuned every Wednesday here on the blog we will discuss the topic of entrepreneurship!
I would love to hear your thoughts! Please share in the comments! Also if you have any entrepreneurial questions or topics that you would like to see me cover please share those too!
If you found this post valuable please tweet, share, and vote! Much appreciated!
To Your Success,