The picture above is a picture of me taken a few short months ago, in the 8th month of my second pregnancy. That’s right, I still had another month to grow and get bigger which believe me – I did!
Pregnancy can teach you a lot of things, as does any major life event. I’ve shared about what I’ve learned through a time of grief this summer. I’ve also shared about things that I have learned from my preschooler and my newborn.
20 things that I have learned from pregnancy:
- You can go through the same event twice and have two completely different experiences. You may think that you know what you’re getting into but then again you may have no clue!
- It is a lot more fun to have others to share experiences with at the same time.
- Being in the same phase of life as someone else is a great starting point to a wonderful friendship.
- Getting kicked can be an amazing experience – if done by the right person!
- Chivalry is not dead, I was amazed at how many doors were held open for me and my belly.
- You can really learn the art of responding gracefully to thoughtless comments because sadly there are so many opportunities. Ask any pregnant woman, the stories abound.
- When your feet grow that means it’s time for shoe shopping!
- Take advice with a grain of salt, everyone and their brother has advice but only one person is your doctor.
- Know who to listen to and learn the art of smiling and nodding.
- Some food is so good that it’s worth eating three or four servings.
- You don’t need to see your feet to get where you are going.
- Some things really don’t need to be posted about on facebook.
- Any movie, show or commercial is fair game for a sudden cry fest. Including Toy Story 3.
- There is no shame soaking in a kiddie pool on a hot summer day.
- If you’re bored, watching your stomach move on it’s own can be very entertaining.
- If you’re in line at the restroom and you see someone behind you is pregnant, let her go first. She will love you forever and also there is no way that you have to go more than she does!
- Worrying is normal. Welcome to parenthood, worry never goes away.
- If you want a friend for life, tell a pregnant woman how beautiful she is.
- Listen to your body, it will tell you what you need. You will do well to take care of yourself.
- Some of the hardest things in life have the most amazing rewards!!